My friend Kathy made this for our homeschool mom get-together a few weeks ago, and now I’m really craving it. Craving it so much that Kathy’s bringing over cider when she comes for dinner tonight. Now that’s a friend!
The recipe is from good ‘ole Martha, and you can watch her making it online, which I think is hilarious. I don’t want to take the time to watch her when I can be getting it done in my own kitchen. But if you like to watch cooking, go for it.
Warm Apple Pie Spiced Cider
- 1 1/4 quarts apple cider
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick, plus 6 for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Calvados or other brandy (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cider, sugar, spices, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat; pour in brandy, if desired.
- Remove cinnamon stick and transfer cider to a pitcher. Serve immediately, garnished with cinnamon sticks.
Yum yum yum yum yum! By the way, she didn’t use the brandy or the cinnamon stick and it was still yum yum yum yum yum! And YUM!