Each summer we go to the rodeo at River Valley Ranch.
This year we went with new friends, and had a great time!
While I didn’t catch any good photos of the real horses, I got this great shot of Chuck the Bull in action.
Yes, Brian stayed on for 7 seconds!
Brea was beat by the heat and chose to relax on her mama.
After a picnic dinner,
the kids enjoyed their absolute favorite part of our annual trek–the creek!
They build dams,
and have some good old-fashioned water fun.
It’s one of our favorite family trips of the year!
On Friday night, August 28, 2009, River Valley Ranch experienced a severe flash flood unlike anything we’ve seen in 35 years. Fortunately, most of our buildings survived, but much around the river area has been lost. These include:
- The brand new suspension bridge
- Covered bridge
- Another bridge
- House of one of our staff members severely damaged (many of their belongings are gone)
- Virtually all our picnic tables lost
- Hundreds of feet of fencing, much of it brand new lost
- The old Chuckwagon & $3800 BBQ grill gone
- Significant damage to roadways around camp
- Speedball (paintball) course gone
- too many more to list
Unfortunately, our insurance company does not cover flood damage so we will have to absorb virtually all these losses.
How you can help:
1) Volunteer in the coming weeks to help rebuild – CLEAN-UP OF THE CAMP IS ALMOST COMPLETE! Thank you so much to all who helped around the clock to help clean up the mess. At this point our real need for volunteers is for people with building skills to help rebuild much of our fencing, bridges and even a staff house in the coming weeks. If you can help to rebuild, please email Laura at email@example.com with your name, times you can help, and your specific building skills. At this point, we ask that you not just show up at the Ranch but contact Laura first. Thanks.
2) Donate towards our Flood Relief Fund – Early estimates for the damage upwards of $200,000. Any gift you can give would be very much appreciated. All gifts are tax-deductible.
a) Give Online – Fill out your information and select “Flood Relief Fund” as your designation
b) Mail a gift to:
River Valley Ranch Flood Relief Fund
Peter and John Ministries
Attn: Johnny Iseminger
3600 Georgetown Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21227
3) Donate Supplies – We have a number of items we need to repair what has been damaged. Since we are rebuilding to last for the future, we would prefer items be new if at all possible. Here is a list (more to come)
- Range (gas)
- Carpet (for dorm and house)
- Furniture (bed, table, couches, etc)
- Floor Tile
- Plywood for bunks
- Sink Bowls for bathroom
- Fence posts and boards
- Treated lumber to make picnic tables
- Steam table (buffet table for dining hall)
- Smoker Grill (ours was an 8′ grill from : Big Johns Grills)
- Top soil, stone and millings
If you would like to give a gift to Brad and Megan Maines (the couple who were living in the cabin that was flooded and lost most of their belongings)you can mail a gift to:
Maines’ Relief Fund
River Valley Ranch
4443 Grave Run Rd
Manchester, MD 21102
Note: Since these donations will go towards replacing Brad and Megan’s personal items lost in the flood, they are not tax-deductible (but very much needed). Money given to the RVR Flood Relief fund will be used to rebuild the cabin in which they were living.
Thank you so much for your support and we would appreciate your prayers as we recover from this flood. God bless.